Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another Indian morning

I had an aerobics class to teach this morning at 7:45. That is too early for exercise I think. But anyway, that is when it is. So I was waiting for people to come and heard a bunch of street dogs outside barking up a storm. I finally went out to investigate and found they were right in the doorway of one of the lady's homes that was coming to aerobics. So I thought I would get them away so she could come. All the dogs were barking at one poor dog that was huddled in the doorway. There were probably 7 dogs barking at the poor thing. So I started throwing a tennis ball at them and tried to get them to move. They are scared of things being thrown at them. To get a dog to run away all you do is pretend to throw a rock. So the tennis ball worked a bit, but they would circle around a car and come back. Once I got all the mean dogs away I still had to get the poor dog to leave so I threw the ball at him. You would think I had hit him with a brick the way he yelped. But when he moved, all the dogs came after him again. And it was worse. The dogs got a hold of this poor dog and were biting him and pulling on him. He was all the way off the ground. I thought they were going to eat him. Some had his legs, some his head, some his belly. Seriously, they were trying to kill him. So I threw some rocks. They didn't go. They still kept torturing this poor dog. I felt a little silly being out there when neighbors started coming out to see what the commotion was all about. Finally the dogs all ran down the street so at least I didn't have to watch it anymore.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

awful. sad. i'm gonna go hug my dog now.

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Ok, that was traumatic even to read about. I'm still not farm girl tough - once I tried to rescue a mouse from a mouser cat. Andrew just about bit my head off reminding me that mice carry all kinds of germs and we wouldn't want them in the house, etc. etc. Still, suffering and death, I'm just not good with.