Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm Impatient

I am impatient.  I don't like to rely on others (or wait on others).  I was reminded of this character flaw this morning.  The plan was to go meet a friend at Dilli Haat at 11AM.  Steve would drive me an another friend to the Metro at 10:30AM on his way to the airport.  But as we got closer to 10:30 he said that he would probably go later and I should just take the shared auto to the Metro station.  So I called my friend to say that we should go.  But she wasn't ready to go.  She had to wait for her husband to get home.  So I called the friend we were going to meet and told her we would be late.  No problem.  I sat and played Sudoku.

As I played Sudoku I pondered my impatience.  I don't like relying on others.   When I have a schedule to keep, even if it is not important, I like to be on time.  I would prefer to go by myself.  Like even just getting a ride to the Metro station is a lesson in patience for me.  I have to wait for someone to drive me and they usually take longer then I feel it would take me.  I end up having to wait.  I don't like waiting.

But really, what does it matter to be late.  Most things that I worry about being late to I am still just barely late.  And the ulcer in my stomach is bigger (I don't really have one).  But I get all tied up inside and feel grouchy, which I don't like.  I am working on relaxing.  I tell myself I can't change the situation so I might as well relax.  I think I am getting better.  Like today I sat on my beanbag chair and just played Sudoku.  No problem.  Less stress but still some.  Maybe I am growing up.

No comments: