Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Driving in Delhi

I hate it!  Every time I come home from having been out in traffic I say, "I never want to go out again!!!!!"  This week I have been out three times.  Each time is just as bad as the one before it.  And each time I have told myself to stop going out.  Just stay at home with my safe pillows and chai always ready to be made.  No stress.  Well actually the only stress at home is trying to get Micah to do his homework.  But I will take that any day if I don't have to go out on the streets.

People don't drive according to rules.  I'm a rule follower.  I like people to drive in their lanes.  Especially my husband.  I like people to go on the correct side of the street.  I like there to be at least two inches between cars (more really).  I like cars to turn left from the left lane and right from the right lane.  I don't like facing buses head on.  I don't like all the honking.

Delhi has all the things about traffic that I don't like.  I feel my stress level rising.  I try to think soothing thoughts.  I lay down in the back.  I close my eyes.  I tell myself to go to my happy place.  Anything to try to distract me from the reality around me.  Today I thought maybe I should practice yoga in the car to try to relax.  But all the sharp stops and bumps would probably not work for yoga in the car.

So if you don't see me at church, school functions, or any activity outside my house, you know why.  I had a nervous breakdown.

No comments: