Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lacking

I have been found lacking.  Or more accurately, I find myself lacking.  I am lacking in patience.  I guess I have known this for a long time, but even more now that our nephew is staying with us.  He is a wonderful 19 year old who is full of life.  He is very talented in many different ways.  I have tried to learn how to play the drums from him when we had a drum set at the house.  I try to be funny like him.  I try to do tricks like him.  He has taught me many things.  But maybe the hardest lesson I have had to learn is to be patient. 

Out of all the Weightmans I know, my nephew may be the slowest at leaving the house.  It really is a close race though.  His grandfather is pretty slow.  I don't know how many times I have been rushed to leave the house by Steve's dad only to end up sitting in the car waiting for him to finally come out.  And every Sunday morning Steve says, "Let's go!" and I end up standing outside our car for at least two minutes, if not more, waiting for him to come down. 

Now with Tyler in the house I have learned that Steve is not the slowest man on the planet to leave the house.  Take just now for instance.  I told Micah and Tyler that they should get ready since their ride would be here any minute to take them to the movies.  So Micah got his jacket on.  Tyler on the other hand decided that a couple minutes was plenty of time to take a shower.  So the ride was outside waiting for him when he finally got himself out the door 17 minutes later.

I am told that this trait of taking a long time to actually leave is a personality type.  That helps me not to be too annoyed at the DNA in them.  I have learned to just leave them when I can and let them come on their own.  If Steve offers me a ride to the Metro station on days where we are both going somewhere, I usually say "no thank you" and take my own way so I don't get stressed with his leaving style.  But most of the time I end up miffed that the Weightman men can be so slow and I am reminded that I need to work on my patience.

Thank you God for these Wait-men who you use to teach me a much needed skill.

1 comment:

Judith Nhk said...

LOL, this is too good, you write so well Leslie :)