Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Parties

This year I have been invited to a lot of Christmas parties.  Well, not exactly invited, but I have a lot of parties to go to.  And not like I am crashing the parties that I wasn't invited to either.  These are parties like, the school functions, the home that I work at has a party, and church parties.  But I am only going to a few of the parties that I could go to.  The reason being.... okay, i have a list of reasons.

1.  Potlucks - Many of the parties are the kind that you are suppose to bring a delicious dish to share.  I don't cook.  I don't bake.  I don't make delicious dishes.  So I have this dilemma of going if I'm not going to make something.  If it is a big group, then I don't feel bad not bringing something.  But a small gathering would notice that I didn't bring anything.

2.  Crowds - I am socially awkward most of the time, but trying to get better.  I can only take so much on one day.  So if I have two parties on one day I have to choose which one to go to.

3.  Work -  I have a really strong work ethic.  So if the party is during work hours, I don't feel like I can take the time off.

4.  Too much effort - If the party would be too much effort to get to and get home from, I won't go.

5.  Stupid - If I think the party will be stupid, I don't go.

Those are my reasons.  So if you invite me to a party and I don't show up, you can ask yourself, "Was it a potluck?  Was it too crowded?  Or was it stupid?"

No comments: