Wednesday, July 25, 2012

California Burning

OK, not really. 
We arrived down in Southern California yesterday.  As we drove over the Grapevine, there was a 10 mile back-up on the other side because of a wreck.  Horrible.  So I turned the news on to hear about what they said the problem was.  It is then that I heard the live coverage of the riots in Anaheim.  It sounded crazy.  As we continued our drive we continued to listen to it and I felt more and more uneasy about being in California.  And as we drove along, cars zipped in and out at speeds of at lest 80 mph.  It feels like I am in a different country.  Riots, accidents, crazy drivers....  Where am I? 

We go back to India next week.  I guess this week is preparing me for India.  If I remember right, I said that same thing the last time we were in California on our way back to India. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

You should stop by Alaska on your way home. It's sunny and 70 here. The downside is that we have some really bad drivers too. Probably not as bad as CA though.

Kim said...

Funny, I live in California and never even heard about the riots. But I agree, whenver I go to Southern California I declare that it is a different country. Welcome home to India. I hope the electricity is back on!