Monday, March 12, 2012

Stressed Out!

When I am under stress I get mean. My responses to people are not loving. Just ask Steve. Well for a couple of weeks now I have been stressed out. I mean totally. My stomach hurts. My head hurts. I can't sleep. And I have even cried (which is not like me). So finally I decided I would like to be prayed for. A friend does inner healing prayer or theophostic prayer so I asked her to pray with me.

It is always interesting to see where these prayer times go. We ask God to show me where there is a lie that I believe in my life concerning the feelings I have. Then we ask God to tell me the truth or speak to me in some way. God reminded me of a time when I was young and feeling out of control in a situation. I just felt the need to do something. I can't just sit around and ignore a problem. I must do something. And that is exactly how I am feeling now. So as I prayed about this and asked God to speak, I felt God say to me, "It is good. That is how I created you to be." This was very comforting to me because I feel like many people think I should just "relax" and that there is "nothing I can do" or "I don't need to be involved". So to hear God say that I am alright is reassuring to me. Not that I will do anything in my current situation, but to know that the feelings I have are normal for me.

I still have stress. I feel like eating a cheese burger at the Hard Rock will help (or at least escape for a bit). But I don't feel like I am the crazy one. And that is good!

2 comments:

Kim said...

No, you are not the crazy one. It does sound crazy right now there, and Hard Rock sounds like some good treatment! I've been thinking about you and praying for you every day!

Kim said...

It is finished . . .