Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cooking Sauce

While we were in Thailand a few weeks ago, I discovered a delicious sauce at the buffet table. It is a brown sauce that you add to your food and it makes it taste so yummy. So when I went to the grocery store to buy the things I like to take back to India (tuna fish, thai iced tea mix, fisho, thai curry), I found the sauce isle and bought me the big bottle of cooking sauce. That is what it is called, cooking sauce.

Cooking sauce is a brown sauce, like soy sauce, only yummier. I add it to rice, to eggs, to vegetables, to soup, to almost any dish. And it makes it taste better. I don't know what it is because it is in Thai, but Maggi makes a similar sauce and they call it brown sauce. So my brown cooking sauce is my new obsession.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy

Don Camp said...

Sounds like fish sauce to me. That is made by putting fish in a barrel, letting them ferment (or whatever they do), and drawing of the juice from the bottom of ther barrel. Which is the reason I've avoided anything that sounds like Thai sauce.