Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Hate My Clothes

Lately I have had a hard time getting dressed in the morning. I put something on and take it off again because it is stupid. Either it is too tight (which doesn't make sense because I haven't gained weight) or it is too big (because they are second hand).

A friend moved away a few months ago and left some clothes with me. I'm not sure if they were intended for me or for Courage Homes (our NGO for girls), but I kept them and have been wearing them. My friend is taller than I am so her clothes are all too long for me. And for some reason, she had a lot of v-neck shirts which go too far down my neck. So I don't feel comfortable in most of her clothes. But I have kept them because I was desperate for new clothes this summer and wouldn't dream of going shopping in the crazy heat.

So yesterday when I was trying to find something to wear, I ended up with a pile of clothes to give to Courage Homes. Nice shirts that are now too tight for me. And I have some clothes for the Thrift Store at the Embassy, the ones that were too big for me. And I have some clothes left in my closet that I will wear but will not like.

I have very few clothes to choose from now. Most are several years old and have stains. All of them need ironing. Even my t-shirts are getting too old to wear. I think I need another friend to move away.

No comments: