Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bomb, Earthquake, and Flood.... Oh My!

Sometimes I think I am living in Oz. Life is just so strange. People are strange. Everything around me is strange. Not bad, just strange. Like the cows gathered around the garbage dumpster eating their dinner. Or the people who hang on the outside of buses rushing through the city. Or the little two year olds that play on the edge of busy streets and survive. Crazy life!

This week was full of excitement. It started with a bomb at the High Court. Horrible that someone desires to kill people in order to make a point. And no one knows what their point was. Then we had a small earthquake. I am usually scared of earthquakes, but this one didn't cause me to have a heart attack. And finally, the week ended with flooding and chaos around the city when we received 96mm of rain (or something like that). Streets were flooded, homes were flooded, and the little bird's nest outside the office window was flooded.

Imagine what it would be like to have a big bomb, a big earthquake, and a big flood. I guess we can be thankful that these were all smaller than they could have been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy! btw...did the birdsnest survive?

Steve