Saturday, August 13, 2011

Why It Takes So Long To Fold Laundry

I decided I needed to do a load of darks this morning, as Micah's uniform is dark. He only has three shirts and two pairs of shorts, so we have to keep up on the laundry. I put the load in and thought about the drying rack full of clothes that was needing folding. So I went in to fold all the clothes. As I folded one top I realized that I wanted to try it on and see if it fit. I liked the color of it. It was left by someone who had stayed at our house. So I stopped folding clothes and went and tried it on. It fit! So I put my old shirt in the dirty clothes and noticed my pants didn't match. But luckily, the shirt also came with a pair of purple pants. So back to the drying rack I went. I pulled off the pants but realized that they were the really long, tight Indian chuuridar pants that I don't like. So I folded the pants and decided against the shirt too. Back I went to change. This time into a shirt I had already folded.

After changing into the new shirt, I noticed that the book shelf in my room needed dusting. So I searched for a rag, finally finding one. But I got it too wet when I dampened it so it was no good for dusting. I proceeded to look for another rag but I don't know where Steve put the bag of rags. I gave up on dusting for the time being and laid out the wet rag to dry a bit.

I don't remember why right now, but I went into the bathroom with the washing machine and cleaned the floor in there. Then the water started draining out of the washing machine so I got a bucket and gathered some of the water into the bucket so I could use the water to wash the balcony. I poured the water on the balcony and wiped it clean.

I went back and folded some more clothes. The doorbell rang. It was the painter from upstairs. He needed his paint that was suppose to be delivered, but hadn't been. So I called our friends and figured out that the paint wouldn't be delivered quite yet. I walked to the kitchen and put a few dishes away. Then I looked for something to eat. I went back to the bookshelf and wiped it clean and let it dry. The books are out of it now. I pushed the dresser back against the wall after having to pull it out to mop up the water that leaked last night from our air conditioner. I dusted the dresser too. I then dusted the night stand and straightened up. I went back to the folding of the laundry and did a few more folds.

My food was done so I ate it. Now the laundry was done. I brought the damp clothes into the drying room and threw them on the floor while I finished folding. I took the pile of folded clothes into the bedroom and put them on the bed. I went back and hung the wet clothes. I remembered that I wanted to wash the bathroom carpet too. So I put that in the wash.

I will have to put the clothes away now that are sitting on my bed. But for now I need to take a rest after such a busy morning.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What happened to Bimla?