Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Gun Pointed At My Head

Every Friday, I take the Delhi Metro to the US Embassy. I work for a few hours in a thrift store that gives it's profits to different NGOs. I have talked before about the Delhi Metro and how I like it. I especially like the ladies only areas. Like the security that I have to walk through. The line is probably 20 times shorter than the men's line. And we are hardly ever crowded in our metro car. The guys are squished like sardines. But the one thing I don't like is that going in and out of the station is a security guard, behind a pile of sandbags, who is holding his rifle pointed at head level. So I have to walk right past these guys both going to the metro and leaving. I feel like I am risking my life every time I do. Weren't these guys ever told not to point their guns at people?

No comments: