Sunday, August 7, 2011

Still Weaning

I know I wrote a year or more ago about the weaning process. Micah is ten years old now. I have been working on weaning him for the past year or so. But today I found myself enjoying the closeness so much that I thought about just forgetting about the process all together. I love snuggling with Micah.

Well before you get all grossed out, let me also add that I am not talking about breast feeding my 10 year old son. I went over that on my blog here I am talking about his mole habit. Since he was a baby he has held a mole on my neck. It is his security comfort. So today, he was feeling sick and he reached for the mole. I have been trying to stop him from having the mole during the day and only letting him hold it at bedtime for comfort. But today I just let him hold it and enjoyed the closeness again.

Micah is a very cuddly person. He likes to be touching. If he sits next to me, he sits so that we are touching. Touch is his love language. Touch is not my love language. In fact, I feel hot when someone touches me. So for me to let him touch me, I have to be in a good mood. If I am irritated, I make him move away. But it makes him feel bad. But the mole is a different thing. He can hold it and I like to feel his fingers on my neck. He loves that silly mole so much. He likes to look at it, or kiss it, or just rub his arm on it. I know, weird. I looked online to see if there are others who have a mole obsession and they do. The only difference is that usually they stop before they are 10.

No comments: