Saturday, June 25, 2011

Vent

Warning! Do not read this post! I am venting. Complaining. You have been warned.

So today is one of those days that just seems to need to end. It started with a lack of sleep because the power kept going off. Now I know that I should be thankful that we have an inverter, and I am, extremely thankful actually, but I am still complaining about the disturbance. I woke up early to do my workout with my dear friend, Jessica. That was a good part of the day. We just finished day 10 of the first part of Jillian's 30 day shred.

I had a good workout and got sweaty, which isn't too hard because just sitting here writing this I am sweating. So I was looking forward to my shower. But it was not to be. There was just a dribble of water coming out of the faucet. So I splashed a bit on myself and called it good.

It has taken me two days to do one load of laundry because of the lack of water. I am still working on filling the second cycle of water right now and it is 5PM. Micah has worn the same pair of socks for three or more days now. I just can't seem to get any washed. And I now realize I didn't put any in this load either. Well we are going to the mall later so I will buy him some socks there.

There were some people suppose to show up to start building bunk-beds for our home for girls, but they didn't show up. I sat around waiting and waiting. Also, the lady who is suppose to clean the home didn't show up. Both of them were suppose to come in the morning. Around 12:30 I got a call letting me know the bunk-bed makers would come on Monday. And I never did get a hold of the cleaner. So I wasted hours of time that I could have been going to the movies with Micah.

Micah and I finally made our way to the mall. We took a rickshaw and another lady got a much cheaper ride with us. I never seem to be the one who gets the cheap ride. She went almost as far as us and just paid 10 rupees. I paid the full fare of 30 when we went two more blocks. Oh well.

We went to the movie theater but the movie was sold out for the afternoon show. So I bought tickets for the 7PM. Then it occurred to me to check out the other theater in the mall next to us. Sure enough, they had tickets for the show starting in an hour. We went back to the first one and asked for a refund, but didn't get it. So now we will wait for our 7PM showing.

The mall was super crowded. I guess everyone is trying to escape the heat. All the people bugged me. I kept bumping into people and trying to direct Micah around all the slow walkers. I really get irritated by groups of slow walkers in the mall. Micah and I went to KFC, which happened to be extremely crowded also. We got our food and found a corner to eat. I felt like people were staring at me. I started to think that maybe my hair was crazy looking from riding in the rickshaw.

Finally we made it back outside and tried to get a ride home. About 10 rickshaws tried to take us for a ride, not literally, but financially. They wanted 2 to 3 times as much as it should be. We kept walking as we looked for one to take us. Then there was a funeral possession right through the entrance driveway of the mall. So we stood aside while the body was walked past us. And then a rickshaw agreed to give us the correct fair.

The rickshaw we got in had super loud music playing. Micah and I just looked at each other in shock when he turned it on. The speakers were next to our ears. But he took us home. When he dropped us off he tried to cheat me of 10 rupees, but I didn't budge. We walked the block to our home, sweating and tired.

Now it is almost time for us to make the trip back to the mall. I imagine it will be even more crowded. Wish me luck! (oh yeah, you aren't suppose to be reading this)

No comments: