Friday, February 4, 2011

Two Things

As I walked to the market today, two things struck me as interesting. Firstly, it seems that cars here end up honking right next to me. I wonder if it is done on purpose. People honk when they approach an intersection or a turn that they are not going to stop at, or that a person may be not stopping at and will hit them. So it is just a way of letting other drivers know that you are there. So I suppose that if I am walking right before a turn or an intersection that it could just be that I am in the exact area that they always honk at. It is irritating none the less. So loud and startling.

The other thing I thought about is boom boxes. I remember back in the 80's that cool people would walk around with a boom box (music) held on their shoulder. At least I saw it in a movie or on a commercial. Well today I passed a guy who was listening to music, but he was listening from his cell phone. So I wonder if it is the same idea. And I wonder if it is just an India phenomena or if people in other countries also walk around with their cell phone music playing loudly.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I've definitely never seen that happen in Canada. I think it's usually safe to assume anything strange you see in India is an Indian phenomenon.