Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pound Cake


The apartment below us is being remodeled. The way they do that here is to use a sledge hammer and break the cement and brick walls down and then build new ones. The breaking of the walls is what is happening these days. If you can imagine constant pounding on brick walls below your feet, you are begining to know how I feel all day long. It actually sounds like it is coming from my bedroom right now.

We have had this happen many times before. Our old house had the neighbor rebuild their house for a year and a half. After that, we had to go to counseling for stress. Then another neighbor decided that their house needed a face-lift. ARGHHHH!

All day long, except for lunch break, we have banging. When I try to take a nap it feels like a massage bed that you get at cheap hotels. I remember our family vacations when I was a kid. After the long drive, my dad would sometimes put the quarter in the bedside machine to give him 10 minutes of a shaky bed. Sometimes he let us enjoy the vibration if he wasn't too cheap. (at least that is the way I remember it)

A few weeks ago an apartment building callapsed. I wonder if it was from a wall being torn down and no longer able to support the 4 floors above it. We may never know.

All this pounding makes me want to eat cake. And not the kind that P90X allows you to eat. I want the big, gooey, chocolate kind. Notice the nuts on the cake. Or a pie would do. And please slip some Valuim in the cake.

2 comments:

jessica said...

You should get ear plus - industrial strength ones for napping and you should try play some music maybe that would distract you.

Don Camp said...

Come on, Leslie. We didn't use the bed vibrator more than a couple of times. At Most. And it was worth every quarter. Where did those things go now that I could really use it?