Monday, February 22, 2010

Sadness

I went to the counselor today. We talked about me not letting my emotions out. I stuff them deep down and try not to let any seep out. So today we talked about sadness. Sadness of not being protected. Sadness of unmet needs. Sadness of being overlooked. Sadness. In my life I have had sadness. Who hasn't? I don't really like thinking about it. And I really don't like experiencing it. I'm okay with sad movies that make me tear up, but not so much real life. So my assignment is to think through some sad times in my life and to journal about it and feel it. Doesn't that sound fun!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I agree, I would rather be sad in a movie than experience it in real life.

I think it is so easy to push it aside, tell ourselves that we have not right to be sad...

Should be some enlightening journaling ahead!