Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dress Shopping

Steve's sister is getting married in April and we will be going back to America for it. So I want to find a dress to wear to the wedding. I haven't owned a dress in several years. I haven't even looked at dresses in clothing stores since I just don't wear them. But I want to wear one for this wedding.

We are in Thailand were the women are all skinny and weigh less than 100 pounds. So dress shops cater to them. Lots of little, cute dresses. Dresses that a very skinny person looks great in. Short length that look good when you have no hips. But I am made differently. I have hips and flabby arms and a belly. I don't really want to show my thighs. So I almost had an anxiety attack and started crying when I went shopping.

I looked through all the dresses twice. I held a few up to myself to see what they looked like. Not all the dresses came in large so that narrowed my choices. And not a single dress went down to my knees. I seriously wanted to cry.

I really want to look nice for this wedding. I am worried what others will think of what I wear. SO I not only have to find something I like but also something other people will like. I try not to care, but I just do.

So we left the mall frustrated. I, with no dress. Steve with only a leather pocket knife holder. Micah with nothing.

No comments: