Wednesday, October 7, 2009

School lunch ideas

Even though I don't have to make brown bag lunches for Micah anymore, I thought I would share some ideas I have. Mostly so my mind will stop thinking about them.

Tired of PB&J? Egg salad, tuna, cheese are good substitutes. But here are some other easy substitutes. Get out a tortilla wrap and put some goodies in it for a change. Meat, cheese and lettuce make a quick wrap. How about a fried egg and cheese. My son likes ketchup with his egg and cheese wrap. Or just a nice veggie wrap with their favorite dressing. Even spaghetti can turn into a wrap.

Kids will eat a lot of things cold. So what about some meatloaf? I've never made meatloaf myself, but I hear you can make a good sandwich out of it. Left over pizza from the night before when you didn't feel like cooking is good. Boiled eggs. Left over spaghetti.

Make a quick snack-pack. Cheese and crackers, crackers with peanut butter, pepperoni slices, beef jerky, granola or garlic bread.

Use the thermos that never gets used. Send some cereal to school and put some milk in the thermos. Soup and crackers. Spaghetti. Top Raman. Chili. Any good, thick soup.

And if you still can't come up with some ideas, my favorite lunch as a kid was when I brought a bag of chocolate covered oreos for lunch and a diet coke. I hope these ideas give you a new round of lunches.

1 comment:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Spaghetti wrap... never would've thought of that. Thanks!