Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Aerobics anyone?

Next week I will start two classes of aerobics for the ladies in the community. I haven't taught aerobics in over a year and a half and have about 10 extra pounds on my body to prove it. So I have been working on my routines (I feel silly just saying that). I'm using some great songs. Oh Mickey! Remember that one? And I Think We're Alone Now, by Tiffany. Too bad no one here will know how cool these songs really are.

So this morning I was going through the routine and got to the floor work were I do the doggie and donkey moves. You know those? Where you are on hands and knees and doing leg lifts to the side and back. Well I can hardly do 8 and my rump is killing me. And I am suppose to be the leader here. Yikes! I already knew that most of the 10 pounds were down there, but this made it a sore subject. So I am starting to worry about next week when I am in front of ladies. What if I get a cramp in my gluteus maximus and can't move?

The positive side of all of this is that it forces me to get back in shape. I will never have the figure that I had on my wedding day, but if my arms will stop wiggling when I wave to someone that will be enough. Anyone else want to join a class with me?

1 comment:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

If you cramp up just sit back, tell the ladies to keep up with the count, and you'll help them with their form. Aren't you helpful. No one is the wiser. :) In teaching a spin class (stationary bike) they taught be to pretend to be jacking up the resistence really high while only spinning my dial slightly. Tricks of the trade.