Monday, November 19, 2012

Too Loud

For the last two days we have had loud music coming from a block away.  It is too loud!  I mean, if I can hear it in my house louder then I normally play music, then how loud is it for the people at the event?  That is ridiculous.  On a plus side, they seem to have a great sound system.

Today is the day when Hindu women walk into water carrying a jug of water.  Something about praying for your husband.  I wonder if there are any hindu holidays where the men pray for the women?  Not that I have heard of.

According to Wikipidia, here is what you do during this festival:

The rituals of the festival are rigorous and are observed over a period of four days. They include holy bathing, fasting and abstaining from drinking water (Vratta), standing in water for long periods of time, and offering prashad (prayer offerings) and aragh to the setting and rising sun.

So maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the husband, but that is what I heard.  Whatever the case, it is too loud.  Yesterday it went on for 5 or 6 hours.  And today isn't as loud and so far it is only talking, but I think the music starts later.

Earplugs can't even help this loudness.


1 comment:

jessica said...

You need industrial strength ones!!! I got some really good ones and they seem to do the trick i remember last year this festival was so loud i wanted to cry every morning becsuse i was so tired