Friday, January 14, 2011

Toilet Talk

This post is for my Mom, who thinks I have a toilet fetish.

There are many different kinds of toilets in the world and they all hold a purpose. For instance, squatty potties are great when you don't want your bottom to pick up germs from the people who sit on it before you. Outhouses are good when there is no water. And the porcelain thrown is great for taking your time. But now on to my main point in this posting.

Our toilet seat is so cold these days that I prefer to hover over it and get my work done quickly. Sometimes I forget and I sit down to a shocking, ice cold greeting. Today I had such a shock. In one of our bathrooms, we have a shelf about a foot in front of the toilet, which I have hit my head on more than once. Very small space. Today my shock and the shelf made contact.

But one thing I love about toilets here is that there is usually a little sprayer near the toilet for those who like to clean with water. It comes in very handy. If I ever design my own bathroom, I will be putting one of these sprayers in it. Another issue with the cold is the cold water that shoots out of these sprayers. I suppose this can feel nice if you ever have a burning sensation, but on most squirts it is just numbing.

OK, I think that is enough toilet talk for one post. But before I end, let me say one more thing I like here that has something to do with toilets. Sometimes you will see signs up in windows that say "Room to let" or just "to-let". Meaning that they have a room to rent out. But sometimes they misspell the word and make it "Room toilet" or just "toilet". That could be very confusing to a foreigner looking for a bathroom.

1 comment:

Laura Combes said...

I found myself sitting at a diagonal on that toilet, just so I could avoid such a collision. Hope your face is okay.