Friday, April 23, 2010

Free Tickets

So here I sit, drinking my Dr. Pepper, freezing in Southern California. My fingers are numb. I have a sweatshirt on. Oh, how I wish I had gloves.

Last night we were at Tony and Linda's (aka dad and mom) small group Bible study. I had brought a bunch of shawls from India to sell here in America and have found that small groups like this is a great place to sell them. So I told the group that they were just $5.00 each and the money is being used to pay for our Disneyland trip next week. I have sold them before and people really seem to like them.

One of the ladies said that she was taking her grandson to Disneyland next week. She said that a lady that she works for gives her free tickets. As we continued with the Bible study she asked me, "How many tickets do you need?" I told her it was just us three. So she said, "I can get you tickets." So she made a phone call and sure enough, she got us tickets. So next Tuesday we are going to Disneyland.

I am so thankful for these tickets. We have been looking for discounts for weeks. It is just so expensive. $72. per adult and $62. for Micah. SO now I can use the shawl money to buy us some food inside Disneyland and maybe even a gift for Micah from the over-priced gift store. Oh, I also gave the lady free shawls.

She was blessed to be able to help us out and felt that it was totally God who was able to use her to be a blessing to us. We are blessed that God sees the small things in our life and gives good gifts.

No comments: