Thursday, September 24, 2009

Frustrated

Nothing for dinner. Again. What to make? I have spaghetti noodles. So I could go to the store and buy sauce. Oh, and a can of corn and bread. There ya go. Instead Steve offers to go to the store. I told him the list (3 things) and said either the imported sauce or the yellow box of tomato paste. Off he went. Well I guess we are still not communicating too well even after counseling. He came back with cereal, spicy indian spaghetti sauce, peanut butter, juice with a free glass, no bread and no corn.

So I made the spaghetti. While I was boiling the water for the noodles I looked through the cupboards to see what else there was. There were two jars of oatmeal. So I decided I could make granola. I found a recipe that only called for 4 things; peanut butter, oats, brown sugar and oil. I didn't have oil, but I did have ghee, so I went for it.

By the time I mixed the granola all together, the spaghetti was done. I toasted some bread to go with it and called it a meal. Our mouths burned with the spice of the sauce. Then I started cooking the granola. My stupid oven doesn't work right so soon smoke was coming from the oven. My granola was burnt. The parts that weren't burnt didn't taste good either, because with only four ingredients it isn't anything special. So that was a bust.

The straw that broke this camels back was not having my camera. I wanted to take a picture of my granola. But yesterday I loaned the camera to a friend "for a day" and it was the second day and still no camera. And the friend said he couldn't bring it back yet. So I was kicking myself for loaning something to someone. I get burned. Like my granola.

1 comment:

Precious ordinary moments said...

haha!! Leslie, I see we have a lot in common!!!