Monday, July 20, 2009

Fat

I think mannequins should be made fatter. That would let me know what an outfit would look like on me. Most of the clothes look great on a size 0 dummy, but when I put them on they just don't seem to be as cute.

Yes, I am one of many women who have a weight problem. Not that I am fat, I just think about my weight too much. Pretty much every day at some point I will think about my weight and if I am happy with my size or not. That can't be healthy. And it is especially difficult when we are on vacation. We haven't been eating horribly, but it is more than we do at home. And I'm not exercising at all except for the pool.

So enough of my weight.....

We had to buy Micah a new stuffed animal on this trip. He needed something to snuggle with. Brownie doesn't get to go on vacations with us. He is mine and Micah's teddy bear. One time, many years ago, Brownie got left in a Paris hotel. Luckily, Micah asked “Where's Brownie?” before we got on the shuttle to the airport. Steve went back to the hotel room and found Brownie under the bed. So now he has to stay home. I guess I usually pack another friend for Micah, but forgot this time. So now we have George, a cute monkey.

When we went to the zoo the other day we stopped at the pet store (or toy store/gift shop) and saw a cute guy that Micah called George. I said it was too expensive and that we would surely find one at the mall for much cheaper. So right after the zoo we had to walk through the mall. We finally found this George. He was a bit more than the zoo one, but he would have to do. I felt bad for being so cheap at the zoo. Now Micah covers George's ears to tell me, “The other George was cuter.”

We leave tomorrow to go to Bangkok on the night train, and then to Delhi. I don't feel ready to go back. Not sure what will help. Not more food. There is one final store I want to go to. I need to buy some tuna fish and some pants. Shopping is so much easier here. I'm glad it is raining in Delhi now so the temperatures should be much better. And I will be glad to get back into my aerobic routine and hopefully find my groove.

1 comment:

Troy and Kimberly said...

wow, two weeks has flown past quickly! I'll be praying for your time back at home, that you find your groove in many different ways.