Monday, September 29, 2008

I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again

I fell! No one knocked me down, I just fell. One second I was walking along and the next I was down. I had a few images flash before my eyes, which was a new experience. But nothing about life. They were just images of falling. I either stepped on poop or slid on mud. Either way, I went down. One leg went straight out in front, the other stayed bent, which helped in the quick get-up. I put one hand down to catch myself and now that hand is all bruised. From the wrist to the palm is black, blue and red. But the worst part of falling is all the people around. Thankfully it was getting dark out, which may be why I didn't see the "mud". It was right where the cycle rickshaw drivers wait for customers. I heard a few "tsks" which is like saying "oh, too bad." Then I shot back up and dusted off my behind. Usually I laugh when people fall, but this time I didn't laugh.

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

it's hard getting old, isn't it honey!!! you poor thing. glad you weren't hurt too bad. and btw...love that song!

Janet said...

Sorry you fell...but I must say there is a tiny part of me that smiles and says, good, isn't just me that does things like that.

Once I fell down the steps of a poorly lit restaurant somewhere in Delhi. They were steep marble ones and the stairway was not lit well. Imagine! Anyway, when I picked myself up, I looked up and there were two waiters just looking down at me. Not offering to help or anything...just staring. Now, should I find that surprising??

Feel for you, dear...

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Yikes! Glad nothing broke.