Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Elimination Diet

Yesterday I started a diet.  There are seven food items you eliminate from your diet for a week and then you bring one back at a time.  The seven foods are:  milk, soy, eggs, peanuts, gluten, sugar, and corn.  I thought that would be pretty easy.  WRONG!  I was okay with my oatmeal with almond butter for breakfast.  It was unsatisfying, but okay.  Then a sad lunch of beans and rice.  Dinner was zucchini.  I was so tired at bedtime.  No energy what-so-ever.  I weighed myself to kind of get a good starting weight.  I did it after dinner when I thought I would be at my heaviest.

So this morning I get up and eat some boring oatmeal again and have a fruit protein drink.  I weighed myself and it was 3 pounds MORE then the night before.  And then I had to rush to the bathroom to have loose motion.  Not a good start.  I was again unsatisfied and still hungry and my tummy was rumbling.

I ate almonds for a snack and was still hungry.

I quit the diet at lunch time.

No comments: