Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thailand

We went to Thailand over the holidays to renew our visa and to visit our besties there.  LOVE LOVE LOVE Thailand!  We stayed at a cheapo hotel (because I am the one who books our hotel) and it came with a free fish foot spa.  That was a highlight of our first few days.  We all laughed at the tickle that came when the fish kissed our feet.  Then we took a 10 hour bus ride to Chiang Mai that turned into a 14 hour ride, arriving at 4AM.  We got to listen to loud Thai movies most of the ride.  We stopped once for a potty break and a food break.  I ate something very spicy and got back on the bus.  We arrived exhausted.

Steve does more activities then I do.  He and Micah went and played airsoft with our friends.  Steve went out to a pub to listen to a jazz band or something.  Then he rented a motorcycle and went on a day trip in the mountain with the guys.  He bought some honey, but we never got to try it since it broke in Micah's bag on the flight home.

I hung out with my pal, Jen.  We got a massage that was fun.  We went to a house-warming gathering for a friend of hers.  And we hung out in the kitchen and talked.

What I love about Thailand, besides our friends, is that we can be outside.  Micah rode a bike, I went for a walk, and Steve rode the motorcycle.  I LOVED seeing Micah play outside.

We returned to Bangkok on another 10 hour bus ride and went to another cheap hotel.  We did our final shopping and got our needed socks, underwear, and a bunch of other stuff that is just more convenient to buy at a big store.  I drank a thai iced tea almost every day.  I love the ones that are made on the street corners outside.  And we always end our trip with a burger at Burger King at the airport while we wait for our flight.

See you in a year, Thailand!

No comments: