Monday, June 18, 2012

Mammo Jammo

Today was my first ever mammogram.  It wasn't bad at all.  Didn't feel like two books being smashed against me.  Just pressure.  But my doctor experience wasn't all that good.  I have a bladder infection (I tend to get them a lot).  One symptom of a bladder infection is that I have to go to the bathroom a lot.  And I tend to hold it as long as I can.  So instead of going to the bathroom before I left for the doctor, I held it and decided to go when I got there.  No problem usually.  But this time, the minute I walked into the bathroom the urge overtook me and I started to notice a little leakage.  I know this is shocking that I am telling the whole world this, but I wet my pants (a bit).  I couldn't get my pants down fast enough so I ended up having to take off my undergarment and putting it my purse.  Then I had to pat dry my pants in spots.  Luckily it wasn't all wet right in the middle.  It tended to go down one leg.  So it looked like I sat on a wet seat more than I wet my pants.

I was of course embarrassed and felt like everyone would be able to see, so I wasn't in a great mood.  But the good thing is that they give you a robe to wear that goes down to your knees so when I was with the doctor there were no opportunities for her to see my pants.  And when i was done, the pants were all dry.  I left triumphantly.

If you can't laugh, you'll cry.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a day! I would prefer a mamo over wetting my pants too. You're a good sport to take them both on at once.