Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What God will Use

You just never know what God will use. I was thinking about all the skills I have learned that I could write on a resume. One of the skills that I learned to do in the past week is grant writing. At our aftercare home we applied for a UN grant. Three of us worked on it. None of us have ever written a grant proposal before. So we know that if we are selected for the grant that it will be a complete God thing. But now I can say that I have written (or helped write) a grant proposal.

So what other skills do I have? Like Napoleon Dynamite, my skills are varied. When I worked for Payless Drug Store I was probably taught the most skills. Here is a quick list of things that come to mind: cash register (before scanners and after), 10 key, laminating machine, copy machine, 1 hour photo developer, writing hunting/fishing licenses, perfume skills, make-up skills, customer service skills, bookkeeping skills, driving a fork-lift, credit card machine, facing skills. I have used some of these skills later in my life, but as of yet, no 1 hour photo developing skills have been needed and I doubt they will ever be needed.

No comments: