Monday, December 28, 2009

My visitors




My parents came to visit this past week, over Christmas. It was a wonderful time together. I am so glad they came to visit. I also love seeing India through a new person's eyes.

Jama Masjid, the biggest mosque in India, was one of our first stops. We all squished into an auto rickshaw and road to Old Delhi. Crowded, but a beautiful day.

Second trip was to Humayan's Tomb which is close to our house. I decided it would be a good experience for my dad to take a cycle rickshaw there. Thinking that for my mom it might not be good for her back, all the bumps. So I told the cycle driver where to take my dad and Micah. Then he went the opposite direction. So my mom and I drove to the tomb and waited and waited. Finally, we saw them walking towards us. It turns out, the cycle driver took them somewhere else and Micah told him it was wrong. So he took them back to the beginning place and they walked. At least my dad got to experience a cycle rickshaw.

The day after Christmas we went to the Taj Mahal, along with half of India. It should have been a clue when we tried to get train tickets and were told it was overbooked by 200. So we got to drive there. Another good experience. My parents are very impressed with Steve's driving.

Well the Taj was CROWDED. Like the worst day at Disney Land. The waiting line was 4 hours long just to get in. We ended up paying the fast-track price and didn't realize it meant being pushed to the front of the line in front of all the others who had been waiting. Once inside the gate we realized that there was no way we were going to get close to the Taj. So we looked at it from a nice distance. It was a river of people all around the Taj.

Thanks for visiting Dad and Mom!

No comments: