Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Alone with cookies

I am making chocolate chip cookies right now. Each batch takes ten minutes to cook. So I am using my 10 minutes wisely by playing on the computer, listening to a sermon, reading a blog, and now writing on my blog. A lot can happen over ten minutes.

Two days ago one of my trainers asked me to make her kids some cookies. She doesn't have an oven. So I said I would. She will be here tomorrow so I have to get them ready. Some of the problems with making cookies in 110 degree weather is that the chocolate chips melt before they get baked, I sweat and the oven heats up the house. But I made a promise.

I have a very small oven also. I can make 9 mini cookies at a time. And after each batch is done I have to make sure they taste okay, so I eat one. That means 8 cookies are ready every ten minutes. This could take a long time.

No one else is home right now. They are all at a friends house for dinner. Steve went to pick up Micah from a friend's house and they invited him to stay. I could have taken a auto rickshaw to their house to join them but I had just started the cookies, so I stayed home. Dangerous situation. Alone with the cookies. And it is dinner time and I have nothing else to eat (that is as good). So I eat the cookies.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

let's see...eggs,butter & milk sounds like good protein and dairy intake to me!

Growin' With It said...
This comment has been removed by the author.