Friday, January 23, 2015

I Get Knocked Down

A few years ago I went through a rough patch in life and I made the song "I Get Knocked Down" by Chumbawamba my theme.  Also the 4th chapter of 2nd Corinthians.  It was kind of like my Rocky moment of bouncing around the ring punching the air.

I need that song again.  I have been knocked down and I don't have the desire to get back up yet.  And while I have been down for the count my opponent keeps punching and kicking me.  I just can't get the fighting spirit back.

So what do I do while I am down for the count?  I listen.  I would like to say I listen to the voice of God all the time, but sometimes I hear my own voice, which is NOT encouraging.  I need to focus on the voice of God above all the other shouts.  Some in the crowd are taunting me while others are encouraging me to get up.  Which voice to I listen to?  His voice isn't always the loudest, but it is the only voice I know is true.  Today I choose to take at least a moment and focus only on God's voice.  All other voices will be ignored.  And just maybe I will get up again.

No comments: