One More Year

As I was driving home today in the beautiful Southern California December weather, I saw a kid on a bike.  It just hit me that Micah has only owned a bike for a few months when he was in second grade.  I felt sad.  I know he knows how to ride a bike because apparently you never forget how to ride a bike.  But I would feel a bit nervous if he road on the busy roads here.  Then I was thinking how he has never had a yard to play in.  He has hardly had an outside childhood.

And after I thought about that I realized that he has only one more year of childhood.  Well, he has only one more year of school anyway.  And really it is a year and a half.  But in my sad mood it seemed like just a year.  It doesn't seem that long ago that he was in second grade.  It was 9 years ago!  How does that happen.

Anyway, I drove on thinking my sad thoughts and drinking my Dr. Pepper and realized I have to soak in all my days with Micah.  I have to snuggle with him as much as I can.  Soon he will be out of our house and going to college or something and I won't get to snuggle with him.  So today, I will snuggle (and tomorrow and the next tomorrow and so on and so on).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To fear or not to fear, that is the question

Stump