Communication

I just tried to order pizza on the phone. This can sometimes be a tedious feat. It was tonight. Here was my conversation.

"Hello Domino's.. would you like to try our gabalygook pidally poop something or other special blahdi blah blah?"

Me: "Hello? My phone number?"
"Yes, go ahead"
Me: "Nine seven"
"Nine double"
Me: "one double seven"
"one double double"
Me: "four seven"
"four double"
Me: "eight four eight"
"Is this your first time calling?"
Me: "No"
"Give me your number again"
Me: "Nine seven"
"Nine double"
Me: "No, nine seven"
"Nine double"
Me: "No double, seven."
"double"
Me: "No double. Let me try again. Nou sath (trying my Hindi)"
"Nine seven"
Me: "ek sath sath"
"eight seven"
Me: "No, Hindi mai (in Hindi) ek, ek"
"eight"
Me: Is there someone else I can talk to?"
Silence
Me: "Let me try again. In Hindi. Nou sath, ek sath"
"nou sath, eight sath"
Me: "No, in Hindi. Ek! One!
This went on like this for a few more painful moments until finally she handed the phone to a guy who got it right the first time.

Comments

Laura said…
Sounds like a patience test. I hate those! I'd just order butter chicken and that spicy daal stuff.

Missing you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

To fear or not to fear, that is the question

Stump